What We Believe
“All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.”
What We Believe / Tenets of our Faith
The Bible itself is the tenet of our faith. We believe the entire Word of God without apology (II Tim 4:1-4). We look to the Bible as the standard of divine truth.Our fundamental beliefs are as follows:
1. We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His bodily resurrection and ascension to the right hand of the Father. He is very God manifested in the flesh (John 1:1, 14, Matt 1:23).
2. We believe there is one God who is revealed to us in three persons as Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three are one (I John 5:7). We believe the doctrine of the Trinity.
3. We believe in the verbal inspiration and inerrancy of the Scriptures (II Tim. 3:16, II Pet 1:21).We believe that a person is saved only by receiving Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior by faith in the grace of God (Eph 2:8-9). It is only by the shed blood of Jesus that a sinner can find eternal life (I Pet. 1:18-23).
4. We believe that water baptism is for the Christians only and not for sinners (Mark 16:16, Acts 8:36-37). A person must give evidence of the new birth before he is baptized in water.
5. We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives the utterance (Acts 2:4, 10:44-46). However, boldness, power and fruit according to Galatians 5:22 are the most important evidence of being filled with the Holy Spirit.
6. We believe in the supernatural healing power of God for mind and body.(Ps. 103:2-3, Matt. 8:16, I Pet. 2:24). We believe that medical science is a part of God's healing process.
7. We believe Holy Communion is an essential part of every believers life and is to be received as often as the Lord leads (I Cor. 10:16, 11:23-33).We believe in the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory to establish his kingdom in this earth Zech. 14:5, Rev. 1:7, 19:11-14).
8. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. The one to everlasting life in a glorified body and the other to everlasting damnation (Dan 12:2, Rev. 20:4-6, 11-15).
Give us a call or send an e-mail message if you have any other questions about our beliefs and doctrine.